This layout depicts the half mile branch line from Ilkeston Junction Station on the main LMS Erewash Valley Line from Nottingham to Sheffield to Ilkeston Town terminus station.
It is set in the 1930’s and is operated to reflect the 70 daily train movements that were timetabled in that era. Passenger trains ran to and from Ilkeston Junction, Trent, Nottingham, Sheffield and Mansfield. The goods traffic consisted of 4 daily trains with a cattle train on Wednesdays. The stock is mainly kit built but some of the locos are ready to run.
The layout is based on the LMS rating plan for 1923 although the layout has been reduced in scale length all the main features have been included. The railway buildings have long since been demolished and therefore all the railway buildings are scratch built based on plans and old photographs. The shops, houses and gas works on the back scene are based upon those that remain and photographs.